Sunday 17 January 2010

A short commercial

During my first few years of jewelry making, I accumulated a few necessary tools, but the ones I used the most and couldn't do without were a pair of bent-nose pliers from Canadian Tire.  They cost a whole $1.25 each and had no grooves to mark the wire.  They're getting pretty ratty and when I ordered some supplies from MonsterSlayer, I splurged and ordered a pair of Wubbers bent chain-nose pliers.
Well, I think I've died and gone to Heaven!  What a difference!  Guess someone would be pretty happy with hamburger until they got fed a good steak, but now I want more Wubbers. Steak!  No more hamburger!
So pardon me if this does sound like a commercial, but I can't believe I've limped along for years thinking that I was so clever getting cheap pliers.  I'd better get busy with all the wire that just arrived and sell something, because now I need the whole set. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the Wubbers are terrific. Love the steak analogy, so true. The little ones work for me as the big ones are a bit too big for my mouse paws. I'm collecting, too ;)

    ReplyDelete