Friday 6 August 2010

How To Be Alone

I just dropped my friend Anne off at the airport for her trip home and I'm really going to miss her.  It seemed very fitting that CBC was profiling a PEI artist and her video/poem "How To Be Alone" as I made the lonesome drive home and when I arrived, I listened to the whole thing without wind or traffic gaps. 
If you count my dogs, I don't live alone, but I'm probably too set in my ways to share living space with another human for any length of time.  But Tanya Davis struck a chord with her video and I want to share it.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, even if you aren't alone.

1 comment:

  1. How timely. Thank you for posting this, it really struck a chord. We're all alone, really, even in the best of relationships. No one can get inside your head. If you're lucky, from time to time, you share a holy instant with another.
    Don't judge others, don't judge yourself. Acceptance brings peace.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete