Sunday 8 April 2012

Beautiful Morning (Not!)

The plan:  Sleep in and have a lovely, relaxing Easter Sunday morning.  The store wasn't opening until noon so it was the perfect opportunity to snooze.
The reality:  The wind was howling so hard and loud that it actually woke me up.  That was amazing in itself, because it takes a lot to wake me up. 
Plan B:  Dewey was restless and upset because of the wind and he wouldn't be able to sleep until he peed.  So I put sweat pants on and a coat over the nightgown and thought they could have a quick pee and go back to bed. 
The reality:  The door to my apartment was snowed shut!  No snow for weeks, spring weather and all of a sudden we wake up to a couple of feet blowing sideways and blocking my door with drifts.  The dogs and I ran through the store and I punched in the alarm code before it woke the neighbourhood and we went out the store door.  Dewey did what we went out for so I put him back in and grabbed the snowshovel and went to clear my apartment door with Corky.  And since the shovel was out, I did the front stoop of the store.  By the time I was finished shovelling and dried off the two dogs, I was desperate for coffee.  Of course sleep was out of the question now.
Plan C:  The store is closing at 5.  Nap! 
Right now it's 4:30, the sun is coming out and so are all the customers.  If I can close at 5 it'll be a miracle.  Go home and have Easter dinner, all you people!  The exception would be the man in the green pick-up with the plow on the front who did a drive-by plowing of all the crap the snowplough left, and just left.  He can come back as late as he wants.  I have no idea who he was, just a Good Samaritan on Easter Sunday.
By the time I close the store, walk the dogs and dry them off, it'll come down to a choice between nap and supper.  Sigh.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, good old Canadian Spring hit you too...I am terrified to even start on my gardening, tempting though it is, because every year it's the same thing..all the potted plants beckoning you to buy them..too early, too early, but you can't stand it so you get a bunch, and sure as you know what, the rain, the powerful, plantlet-bashing rain comes after days of sun and buds popping out..
    Sometimes we even get a bit of snow, right up to May..it doesn't last but it wreaks havoc on new growth..
    But I do empathize, Susan...and sorta envy all that brisk exercise...

    ReplyDelete